National Play Therapy Week, recognizes the importance of play therapy, credentialed play therapists, and the Association for Play Therapy (APT).
Ideas for promoting National Play Therapy Week in Your Community:
- Offer to present a workshop on play therapy at your place of employment.
- Contact other play therapy colleagues in your area about offering a workshop or seminar open to the public.
- Order and distribute FREE "Why Play Therapy" brochures (English or Spanish) from the APT Store.
- Share APT's Parents Corner with your clients. This page serves as a great resource for introducing play therapy and child mental health to parents and caregivers.
- Contribute to the Foundation for Play Therapy by making a tax-exempt charitable contribution toward funding research initiatives. Show your support by purchasing products like a car magnet “Play Therapy Works” or “My Work is Child's Play” or white boards - proceeds go directly to the Foundation.
Suggestions for Media Coverage:
- Send out news release to your local paper announcing National Play Therapy week activities in your community.
- Arrange for you or a colleague to be interviewed by a local paper or station, highlighting your work as a play therapist.
- Share these YouTube videos: “Play Therapy Works”, “Introducing Andrew”, or "Meet Andres" (Spanish) with family, friends, and colleagues via Facebook, Twitter, and other social media including your local media.
- Post your photo on Facebook and Twitter using our Play Therapy Poster signs - I use Play Therapy and I am a Registered Play Therapist.
APT would like to hear about your Play Therapy week celebrations! Please submit your events to be included in the Community Photos page of the website, an upcoming Member Flash or in the June issue of Play Therapy magazine to firstname.lastname@example.org.