IDEA Team - Biweekly Update
The APT IDEA Team has developed an anonymous needs assessment survey to gather baseline information to guide APT’s diversity efforts across all of our programs, publications, and processes. Our first survey, focusing on race and ethnicity, went live Monday, August 10 and was sent to all members. Contact us if you have questions or did not receive your link.
Email reminders will be sent on August 14 and August 21, with the survey closing on Tuesday, August 25. Thank you for your time and participation in this important work!
IJPT Call for Papers
The International Journal of Play Therapy® will celebrate its 30th anniversary in 2021. In honor of this special occasion, APT will release four special issues. The deadlines for the following topics have been extended:
- Play Therapy in Schools (Manuscript due by September 30, 2020)
- Play Therapy with Military Families (Manuscript due by October 31, 2020)
- Play Therapy in Medical Settings (Manuscript due by November 30, 2020)
You are invited to submit
a manuscript on one of the above topics. Manuscripts must be grounded in a seminal play therapy theory and meet submission criteria
Approved Provider Q & A
Join us on Tuesday, August 18, 2020 at 9:30 a.m. (PDT) for a one-hour Approved Provider Q & A session — “AP application process: completing the application, sponsoring events, contact vs non-contact, and more!” The Q & A session will provide guidance on how to demonstrate an understanding of the Criteria & Standards while completing your application. The session is limited to 25 participants, register by 12:00 p.m. (PDT) on August 17, 2020 to secure your spot. Call in instructions will be provided via email prior to the session.
- August 20, 2020: Last day to vote for IJPT cover
- August 25, 2020: APT IDEA Team survey closes
- August 30, 2020: APT E-Learning Center Buy One Get One IJPT test promo ends. Code: AUGUSTBOGO
- September 30, 2020: Deadline extended to submit IJPT manuscript for special issue (Play Therapy in Schools)
- October 31, 2020:Deadline extended to submit IJPT manuscript for special issue (Play Therapy with Military Families)
- November 30, 2020: Deadline to submit IJPT manuscript for special issue (Play Therapy in Medical Settings)