The APT 2020 Educational Series is a 5-day educational series, spread over a 10-week period (October through early December), and features 20 workshops and 10 discussion groups to choose from. Workshops will be attended virtually via Zoom. Curriculum
includes two-hour workshops and discussion groups.
Target Audience & Goals
Counselors, psychologists, school counselors, school psychologists, social workers, marriage and family therapists, and other mental health professionals both within and outside of the United States will:
- Earn continuing education credit for licensure and play therapy credentialing purposes.
- Enhance knowledge of play therapy research, theories, techniques, and how play therapy improves the therapeutic relationship with children and their families,
- Participate in forums and special events.
Schedule of Events
All workshops take place in the Pacific Time Zone and will be held virtually via Zoom.
Schedule at a Glance
Day 1 Schedule, October 6, 2020 - View Sessions
Day 2 Schedule, October 24, 2020 - View Sessions
Day 3 Schedule, November 6, 2020 - View Sessions
- Registration opens October 5, 2020 at 8:00 am PDT
Day 4 Schedule, November 18, 2020 - View Sessions
- Registration opens October 20, 2020 at 8:00 am PDT
Day 5 Schedule, December 5, 2020 - View Sessions
- Registration opens November 5, 2020 at 8:00 am PST
Details, Fees, and CE Information
Educational Series Presenters
APT thanks the 42 outstanding presenters participating in this inaugural Educational Series. Meet the Educational Series Presenters.
Workshops are individually priced and include continuing education credit/certificate. APT members must log in to receive the discounted rate.
- Member workshop fee: $45
- Non-Member workshop fee: $60
Not a member? Join online at www.a4pt.org prior to registering and receive the discounted workshop rate.
The APT 2020 Educational
Series is co-sponsored by The Association for Play Therapy and The
Institute for Continuing Education. Continuing education credit is
awarded on a session-by-session basis, with full attendance for each
session attended. Comprehensive CE information is available here. A
complete list of workshop overviews and learning objectives are
available on the registration page of each training day. If you have
questions regarding the program, CE learning objectives, presenters,
please contact The Institute at: firstname.lastname@example.org or The Association for Play Therapy at: email@example.com.
Use the following criteria to select workshops commensurate with your training and experience level:
– workshops needed to responsibly practice play therapy, e.g. ethics, theories, playroom set-up, and choosing toys. Content is intended for attendees who may have little to no background in a specialized skill or content area.
- Intermediate – workshops for practicing play therapists who have solid play therapy foundational training and experience. Content is intended to build upon attendees’ existing foundational learning.
– workshops for participants who have received 200 or more hours of play therapy training and experience. Content is intended to build upon attendees’ established experience, knowledge, and skills in the content area.
- Discussion Groups – workshops that promote the exchange of ideas and active learning in a small group setting. Limited to 25 attendees.
for seasoned RPT/S professionals only.
Content is intended to build upon attendees’ well established experience knowledge, and skills in a specialized area. Limited to 25 attendees.
for practicing play therapists who have solid play therapy foundational training and experience. Limited to 25 attendees.
Registrants may occasionally find some workshop content to be stressful. Concerns about content should be discussed with the applicable presenter(s).
Instructional methodology may include didactic, audiovisual, demonstration, experiential exercises, case examples and small and large group discussions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about the 2020 Educational Series? Visit our FAQ page or contact us.
The 2020 Educational Series is open to mental health professionals or full-time graduate students in a mental health field. Although not eligible to receive continuing education credit, allied professionals (pediatricians, nurses, etc.) are welcome to register. APT has the right to refuse or cancel ineligible registrations at any time and shall not be held accountable for any outside fees associated with this cancellation. If you have any specific questions regarding your eligibility status, please contact Diane Leon, Conference Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration cancellations must be submitted to APT in writing 10 business days prior to the training day, see cancellation dates below:
|Date of Workshop:||Cancellation Deadline: |
| October 6, 2020|| September 22, 2020|
| October 24, 2020|| October 12, 2020|
| November 6, 2020|| October 23, 2020|
| November 18, 2020|| November 4, 2020|
| December 5, 2020|| November 23, 2020|
Workshop fee(s) minus, a $20 administrative charge, will be refunded only if the request is received 10 business days prior to the training day. Because registrations generate contractual and non-refundable guarantees between APT and other parties, registration refunds will neither be made after 10 business days prior to the training day nor to parties who register but do not attend.
Registrations may be transferred to another person without penalty only if original registrant notifies APT within 24-hours of the training day.
If a technical failure at the attendee’s home or workplace prevents access to the virtual training, the attendee will not be given a refund. It is the responsibility of the attendee to confirm system requirements and test their computers prior to the start of the virtual training. However, if a technical failure is the fault of the service provider and the virtual conference is cancelled, a full refund will be provided.
APT reserves the right to cancel this educational series in the event of unforeseen circumstances. If such occurs, APT will attempt to notify registrants at least 5 calendar days prior to the event and refund all workshop fees. In all instances, the liability of APT is limited to refunding such fees.
Registrants understand and agree that by registering for the 2020 Educational Series, you hereby consent to being photographed, videotaped, or audio-taped by APT in connection with the above- named event or session; APT has authority to use
or reproduce such photographs, video recordings, or audio recordings for APT educational or promotional purposes only.
- The 2020 Educational Series is sponsored by APT for educational purposes only. The material presented is not intended to represent the only or best approaches to the topics being discussed and participants waive any claim they may have against
APT for assurance on information presented.
- APT seeks to provide a learning environment in which diverse participants may learn, network, and enjoy the company of colleagues in an environment of mutual human respect. We recognize a shared responsibility to create and hold that environment
for the benefit of all. Some behaviors are, therefore, specifically prohibited:
- Harassment or intimidation based on race, religion, language, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, appearance, or other group status.
- Sexual harassment or intimidation, including unwelcome sexual attention, stalking (physical or virtual), or unsolicited physical contact
- APT expects professional conduct by attendees at all times while at sponsored events.