Call for Proposals
The Association for Play Therapy (APT) is now accepting proposals for workshops related to the field of play therapy for the 36th Annual APT International Conference, October 1-6, 2019 in Dallas, Texas. Proposals delineating ALL models of theory, practice, and research in play therapy are encouraged. Specific topic areas of interest for 2019 are:
• Attachment Issues
• Brain Related Topics
• Expressive Arts
• Family Play Therapy
• Play Diagnosis and Assessment
|• Play Interpretation
• Sand Tray Therapy
• Special Populations (Adolescents, Adults, Autism, Etc.)
• Supervisor Training
To make your submission process seamless, review the Workshop Proposal Criteria prior to preparing your proposal.
Ready to submit a proposal?
Our process is entirely online using a platform called CATALYST. Follow the instructions below to create an account:
- Access the CATALYST website.
- Create an account in CATALYST by selecting the “Create Account” tab.
- Check your email for a confirmation of your new account. From this email message, click “Confirm Account” to finish creating your account. You will be redirected to the CATALYST log in page. Enter your user name and password and you will arrive at the “Instructions” page of the submission form.
- You will have the ability to save your progress, share your proposal with a co-presenter and make edits up until the deadline, January 25, 2019.
For more information or if you have questions, contact Diane Leon, firstname.lastname@example.org, (559)298-3400, x5.
Speaking at the 36th Annual APT International Conference is a challenging and rewarding opportunity. All proposals are selected through a competitive peer-review process. If your proposal is selected, you may take advantage of the following benefits:
- Visibility, recognition and credibility within the play therapy community.
- Promotion in electronic and printed marketing materials.
- Participation in the growth of the profession.
- Cash honorarium, hotel accommodations, travel reimbursement (full day presenters only).
- Discounted conference registration (all presenters).