Forums & Special Events
All times are listed in the Pacific Time Zone.
Although the Annual APT International Conference is on hold until next year, APT invites your participation in the following forums and special events. Don't miss the opportunity to come together virtually to share ideas, celebrate, and build connections within the play therapy community!
Prior to each training day, APT will host a “Session Before the Session” Zoom networking event from 3:00pm-4:00pm (PDT). Join us and meet your fellow attendees, hear tips and guidelines to help optimize your training experience, and win prizes! Watch your email for an invitation and details.
- Day 1 Session Before the Session - Monday, October 5, 2020: Bring Your Pet Day!
- Come prepared to show your pet and share a fun fact about them. It’s also a great opportunity to test your network connection and ask us any Zoom questions you may have.
- Day 2 Session Before the Session - Friday, October 23, 2020: There's No Place Like Home
- Come prepared to share a fun fact about your hometown. Perhaps your town is known as the home of a great legend, factory/produce, headline story, or food.
- Day 3 Session Before the Session - Thursday, November 5, 2020: Down Time, Free Time
- When the play therapist name tag goes down, what do you enjoy doing on your free time? We’d love to hear about it.
- Day 4 Session Before the Session - Tuesday, November 17, 2020: Myth or Fact?
- Test your random knowledge. Are cheetahs really the fastest animal? Will eating cheese before bedtime lead to a nightmare? Did humans and dinosaurs coexist? Join us and find out!
- Day 5 Session Before the Session - Friday, December 4, 2020: Time Travel Happy Hour
- Come dresses as any era, whether it's an actual time period or out of this world! Star Wars anyone? Harry Potter? Don't forget to bring your drink!
Prepare for your networking event by creating your own name badge and put your coloring skills to use! We invite you to use the templates below and share your creations by tagging us on social media and use #APT2020EdSeries.
Create Your Name Badge (watch
APT Year in Review Video, Thursday, October 1, 2020
Join APT CEO & President, Kathryn Lebby, CAE, CMP as she debuts the 2020 Year in Review video. This video highlights the accomplishments of our branches, members, and the play therapy community! This year’s video was shared via Facebook.
APT Board of Directors, Tuesday, October 6, 2020
Chair, Anne Stewart, PhD, RPT-S, will address the APT Membership, acknowledge retiring directors, and welcome new directors.This pre-recorded presentation was included in the October 6, 2020 edition of PlayToday and shared via Facebook.
Branch Presidents Meeting, Thursday, October 8, 2020, 4:00 p.m. (PDT)
The 2020 Branch Presidents meeting will be held virtually through Zoom and focus on reviewing the modified Gold Branch Requirements, answering branch related questions, and other agenda items. This Meeting will be held via Zoom and is by invitation only.Registration is now closed.
Publishing Forum, Friday, October 9, 2020, 12:00 p.m. (PDT)
Interested in learning the ins and outs of contributing to an APT publication? International Journal of Play Therapy® Clinical Editor Franc Hudspeth PhD, LPC, RPT-S and Play Therapy™ Magazine Clinical Editor Sarah Stauffer PhD, LP (Switzerland), LPC, NCC, NCSC, RPT-S will guide you through the publishing process and provide helpful tips. This special Forum will be held via Zoom and is open to the first 300 participants. Registration is now closed.
Awards of Excellence, Friday, October 16, 2020
air, Renee Blocker Turner, PhD, LPC-S, RPT-S invites you to meet the 2020 Awards of Excellence recipients and celebrate their accomplishments! This pre-recorded presentation was shared via Facebook
Foundation for Play Therapy
A favorite of every APT Conferenc
e, the Branch Basket Raffles are the biggest fundraiser for the Foundation for Play Therapy. We look forward to holding this event at the 2021 conference in Little Rock AR. Until then, if you are able, please consider donating to the Foundation for Play Therapy
. The Foundation was founded in 2001 to fund play therapy research and public awareness programs sponsored by APT.