Established in 2004, APT sponsors its Leadership Academy to orient play therapists about leadership attributes, the Policy Governance© Model, and how APT conducts its daily business.
Classes commence in January, conclude in May, and are limited to 30 participants. The program consists of five mandatory assignments, including written responses and regular participation online. We welcome the enrollment of APT member academics, practitioners, and students.
- Leadership Academy Fact Sheet
- The application for the 2021 Class will be available November 16, 2020 through December 15, 2020.
- All applications undergo a blind review by the Leadership Academy Committee, with a total of 30 applicants selected based on the responses to application questions.
Upon successful completion of the Leadership Academy program, graduates will be able to:
- Articulate the core elements of APT, including its history, structure, programs, personnel, finances, and communications.
- Identify key Policy Governance© Model (PGM) vocabulary, principles, and processes.
- Differentiate between staff, board, and stakeholder roles and responsibilities according to PGM.
- Learn how members participate in APT as both governance and volunteer staff.
- Understand how APT conducts its daily business via email and Association forums, and how Stakeholders participate and concisely communicate.
- Describe the nature of leadership and key leadership attributes.
- Identify personal leadership qualities for further exploration and development.
Successful completion of the Leadership Academy program requires 100%
participation in all assignments by the established deadlines.
All deadlines are firm to ensure that each class progresses
as a single unit. Graduation is held during the APT Annual Conference each October.
For more information on the Leadership Academy, contact Melissa Villegas
, Executive Coordinator, (559) 298-3400.