Details, Fees, and CE Information
Workshops are individually priced and include continuing education credit/certificate. APT members must log in to receive the discounted rate.
- Member workshop fee: $45
- Non-Member workshop fee: $60
Not a member? Join online prior to registering and receive the discounted workshop rate.
The APT 2020 Educational Series is co-sponsored by The Association for Play Therapy and The Institute for Continuing Education. Continuing education credit is awarded on a session-by-session basis, with full attendance for each session attended. Comprehensive CE information is available here. A complete list of workshop overviews and learning objectives for Day 5 can be accessed here. If you have questions regarding the program, CE learning objectives, presenters, please contact The Institute at: firstname.lastname@example.org or The Association for Play Therapy at: email@example.com.
Use the following criteria to select workshops commensurate with your training and experience level:
- Introductory – workshops needed to responsibly practice play therapy, e.g. ethics, theories, playroom set-up, and choosing toys. Content is intended for attendees who may have little to no background in a specialized skill or content area.
- Intermediate – workshops for practicing play therapists who have solid play therapy foundational training and experience. Content is intended to build upon attendees’ existing foundational learning.
- Advanced – workshops for participants who have received 200 or more hours of play therapy training and experience. Content is intended to build upon attendees’ established experience, knowledge, and skills in the content area.
- Discussion Groups – workshops that promote the exchange of ideas and active learning in a small group setting. Limited to 25 attendees.
- Advanced: for seasoned RPT/S professionals only. Content is intended to build upon attendees’ well established experience knowledge, and skills in a specialized area. Limited to 25 attendees.
- Intermediate: for practicing play therapists who have solid play therapy foundational training and experience. Limited to 25 attendees.
Registrants may occasionally find some workshop content to be stressful. Concerns about content should be discussed with the applicable presenter(s).
Instructional methodology may include didactic, audiovisual, demonstration, experiential exercises, case examples and small and large group discussions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about the 2020 Educational Series? Visit our FAQ page or contact us.
The 2020 Educational Series is open to mental health professionals or full-time graduate students in a mental health field. Although not eligible to receive continuing education credit, allied professionals (pediatricians, nurses, etc.) are welcome to register. APT has the right to refuse or cancel ineligible registrations at any time and shall not be held accountable for any outside fees associated with this cancellation. If you have any specific questions regarding your eligibility status, please contact Diane Leon, Conference Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration cancellations for Day 5, December 5, 2020 must be submitted to APT in writing by November 23, 2020.
Workshop fee(s) minus, a $20 administrative charge, will be refunded only if the request is received 10 business days prior to the training day. Because registrations generate contractual and non-refundable guarantees between APT and other parties, registration refunds will neither be made after 10 business days prior to the training day nor to parties who register but do not attend.
Registrations may be transferred to another person without penalty only if original registrant notifies APT within 24-hours of the training day.
If a technical failure at the attendee’s home or workplace prevents access to the virtual training, the attendee will not be given a refund. It is the responsibility of the attendee to confirm system requirements and test their computers prior to the start of the virtual training. However, if a technical failure is the fault of the service provider and the virtual conference is cancelled, a full refund will be provided.
APT reserves the right to cancel this educational series in the event of unforeseen circumstances. If such occurs, APT will attempt to notify registrants at least 5 calendar days prior to the event and refund all workshop fees. In all instances, the liability of APT is limited to refunding such fees.
- Registrants understand and agree that by registering for the 2020 Educational Series, you hereby consent to being photographed, videotaped, or audio-taped by APT in connection with the above- named event or session; APT has authority to use or reproduce such photographs, video recordings, or audio recordings for APT educational or promotional purposes only.
- The 2020 Educational Series is sponsored by APT for educational purposes only. The material presented is not intended to represent the only or best approaches to the topics being discussed and participants waive any claim they may have against APT for assurance on information presented.
- APT seeks to provide a learning environment in which diverse participants may learn, network, and enjoy the company of colleagues in an environment of mutual human respect. We recognize a shared responsibility to create and hold that environment for the benefit of all. Some behaviors are, therefore, specifically prohibited:
- Harassment or intimidation based on race, religion, language, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, appearance, or other group status.
- Sexual harassment or intimidation, including unwelcome sexual attention, stalking (physical or virtual), or unsolicited physical contact
- APT expects professional conduct by attendees at all times while at sponsored events.